Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Floridian Adventures

As many of you know, I had a unique opportunity this past year to travel to Florida and install a computer network on a research vessel. It was interesting to say the least and over the next month or so, I’ll be posting some of those stories with the abundance of time I seem to have on my hands right now.

I’ll preface all these stories by saying when I initially showed up on the research vessel Weatherbird II, I thought I would be diving face first into a computer project that would take the better part of a summer.

I couldn’t have been more wrong.

With the budget problems of a start-up company (Planktos) and the misconceptions of a job title, it was an adventure to say the least.

The stories are yet to come, so stay tuned.

ER

No comments: