Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A Look Ahead to ‘08

In my blog ‘Lieberman vs. Lamont – A Closer Look’, I discussed what I thought Republicans should do strategy wise in the coming ’06 election cycle.

Obviously by the outcome, Karl Rove decided not to take my advice.

The moderate center was alienated and as a result, the GOP lost both houses. I felt early on we would lose the House, but would retain the Senate. Imagine how sick I felt once I learned the next morning that a majority of Americans decided this time around, blue was a more appealing color. .

The only consolation I have presently is that most of the new Dems occupying the House are moderate and not hard liberals like Pelosi or Rangel.

Either way, that point of this particular post is to point out the wonderful article written today by the former Govenor of New Jersey and EPA administrator. Christine Todd Whitman echoes my thoughts from my blog mentioned above and what the GOP could gain politically in the future.

Let’s hope the GOP listens.


Christine Todd Whitman: GOP Must Return to its Centrist Roots

- ER

No comments: