Friday, June 08, 2007

Continuing the Giant Leap

Ever since I was a kid, I have been enamored by the marvels of our space program. I wear this awe on my sleeve and most everyone knows it.

Tonight’s launch will be no exception when the exploration of space continues. I’ll be glued to a TV or internet connection to watch the first lift-off of many to come this year.

Once these last missions by the Space Shuttle are completed by 2010 and ISS construction is complete, our sites will be set on the moon once again. When you consider the possibilities for technological advances for reaching the moon again (and permanent settlement for that matter), it’s inspiring to think what mankind can do and has already done.

I personally can’t wait to witness a moon landing as my father and mother did in 1969, and I can’t wait to see the words of JFK put back into action with NASA leading the way.

Here’s for continuing that giant leap.

ER

No comments: